LIKE NO OTHER
Who do you say I am?
I am a wife and a mother…
I need to be like no other….
‘Alright, so I lost it… again..and again…
One day I’ll make it through, Lord…but when?’
I am a friend worthy of honour…
I need to be like no other….
‘its true…your friendship is a treasure..
but you’re no asset in the who-we-know measure.’
I am an academic,
that’s never a bother…
I need to be like no other…
"30 minutes left!"…..I looked in a daze!
My mind was in an unbelievable haze!
I am a…I am a….yet another…
I needed to be like no other…
But each time I could plainly see,
It was not what I had thought I’d be.
Stripped and pruned by His own hand.
I have no imprint on the sand.
‘Nothing…nothing…I am nothing…!’
Recoiling, retreating, merely existing.
The Deceiver smirked, ‘my plan is working.’
The Father replied, ‘You forget, I AM sovereign!’
"Help me Lord..something is wrong…
In my weakness, You’re supposed to be strong!"
‘
What I see, child, is your dearth
What I see, child, is your dearth
In not knowing your eternal worth.
Not in your head, but deep in your soul,
Your value in Me will make you whole.
’‘
You are My child,’ says I AM,
You are My child,’ says I AM,
‘Redeemed and bought by the blood of the Lamb.
You are my Beloved, you are mine,
I had a plan for you, before time began.’
I AM who says,
‘You are like NO OTHER.'
©2000 by Sita Henderson
6 comments:
Beautifully and passionately expressed Sita.
You are a unique child of God and He is shaping you into a special handmaiden of His.
That's beautiful Sita!!!
This poem is so honest, and so true. And the song by Newsboys is one I really love...both poem and song fit perfectly together. The pictures on the video are powerful! I was so blessed by this post!
That poem is outstanding, Sita. Wowzer. I'm so thankful He made you like no other. You are very, very special.
Stunning, Sita. Spoken from a true place and full of life.
peace~elaine
Beautiful friend. I loved it.
You are His beautiful one!
I am blessed to know you! Thank you for your sweet words to me today. As always you bless me....
Hugs from Georgia
Post a Comment