As I was learning from my pain, I heard God gently teaching me, "When you stand before me on Judgement Day, I will not ask, "What did you do to help "D____"? I will ask you, "What did you do with what I gave you?
Without realizing it, I was linking my value, my role, to this man's role because I thought that was expected of me. As spouses, we are there to support each other, but never at the expense our own gifts! As I began to study Jesus' life and character however, I realized that a godly man would never treat a woman like that, he would seek to bring out the best in her, encourage her to develop her gifts, like Jesus, like the man God eventually gave me as my husband. If I had known deep inside how God valued me, then I would never have accepted this man's derisive treatment, even though he was a student body and youth group president who said all the right spiritual words. Ladies, teach your children who they are in God, their true value, so that they will never accept devaluation from anyone as 'normal'.
Today on International Women's Day, I want to honour a very special woman. When I think about her life, it is truly incredible. She is someone who had obstacles that befuddle my mind, yet had this inner strength and hunger for God that led to her conversion. She would pray for 10 years for my Dad to 'see' the Light, which he did. She persevered, she prayed for her children and her family with a fierce passion. Today, she is a pastor's wife. She still remains a woman passionate about her faith. She still prays fiercely for her family and the women she ministers to. Because of her prayers, I am here today, with a foundation that cannot be moved even though at times I cannot see God.

Celebrating 50th Wedding Anniversary!
Here is Wayne Dillard from PrayerCentral with a special blessing to women:
....I just want to thank all of the women out there who carry God's heart in intercession, and encourage you today to never shrink back from what God has placed on your heart. Your contribution to the Body of Christ and His purposes is essential. We need you!
On behalf of men and ministers everywhere, I want to ask your forgiveness for the times you have been held back because of your gender. Christ honored women to be the first to carry the good news of His resurrection, and when we restrict your involvement in His great commission, we dishonor Him. Please forgive us.
I think it's safe to say that all through history, women have been the backbone of the Body of Christ. It was William Booth, founder of the Salvation Army, who said, "My best men are women." There may be more men in the pulpit, but there are more women in God's throne room, and there are more heartfelt, tear-soaked prayers laid at His feetby women, than men would ever dare to count.
Your efforts may go unnoticed by men, and you may not be properly honored for your contribution by the local church, but God has seen it all, and your crowns await you. Please do not lose heart, just keep serve Your King, and praying out His heart, and blessing those you serve. None of it is being overlooked by Him.
God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them. -Hebrews 6:10
"May the Lord surprise you with His goodness, and grant you wisdom and light for your pathway; may His peace that surpasses understanding guard your heart and mind, and shield you from anxiety;
May solutions be released in a fresh measure, and next steps open before your feet; may grace shower down upon you to forgive, trust, endure, and give thanks even during difficulty;may vision and passion for His purposes over your life spring up and usher you ahead unlike any other time in your life.
May you feel the embrace of God's love and be fired up with a courage and faith that won't be denied it's reward."May the Lord be gracious to you, and bless you and make His face shine upon you (Ps.67)....

7 comments:
Your mom is a beautiful lady inside and out.
Isn't is a blessing to have a mom like that?
I have one like that too!
God bless you SIta.
Love,
Valerie
What a wonderful tribute to your mother!
What a blessing!
What a lovely post, Sita. Your mom is beautiful, and you are, too! I love your heart, even more as I have been discovering more of it over the past few months. Praise God that derisive treatment you got from that student body president is not a true statement of your value in God's eyes. And praise God you walked away from that relationship a wiser person. Enjoy your day, esp as spring is in the air!
Hi again...I saw your comment on my Spring post. It was my first time to try taking pictures of the flowers at a very close range. Didn't even zoom them. My camera is a simple Sony cybershot DSC-S780. I put the setting on macros. In most of the pics the camera was less than 6 inches away. Really up close. I still have several photos to upload. Didn't finish doing them yesterday. God bless your day, Sita.
How sweet! What a beautiful your mother is!
Got to see this post late. its great Sita.
I am glad to out that relatinship to an end, he was really very insensitive and derisive. Just imagine to laugh at a thing like that when he knew you would be disappointed.How mean.
I love the tribute you wrote for you Mom.She is such a beautiful. perserving lady. Your parents look great together.
A beautiful tribute to your mother, Sita. Thanks, also, for sharing a part of your story and for underscoring my need to shape my daughter's identity in Christ, apart from the opinion of man. You are so very right.
love and peace~elaine
Post a Comment