Friday, March 27, 2009

Then Sings My Soul Saturday


This song blessed me immensely in 2007 when I first posted it here. I played it for my Dad when he was visiting and watched him close his eyes and get very emotional. He asked me to play it again. He had been diagnosed with a life threatening condition and this brought him deep comfort. For those needing that deepest of comfort today, please listen for yourself.

Click on the link below to hear Oh The Deep Deep Love of Jesus.

http://www.angelfire.com/oh3/kenskorner/deeplove.html
***(The link will take you to another site where you have to click on the title of the song to hear it play. It opens up with Real Player on my computer.)

Oh The Deep Deep Love Of Jesus
by The Haven Quartet

Oh the deep, deep love.

The love of Jesus;

The deep, deep love.

O the deep, deep love of Jesus,
Vast, unmeasured, boundless, free!
Rolling as a mighty ocean,
In its fullness over me;
Underneath me, all around me,
Is the current of Thy love;
Leading onward, leading homeward,
To my glorious rest above.

Oh the deep, deep love.
The love of Jesus;
The deep, deep love.
O the deep, deep love of Jesus,
Love of ev'ry love the best!
Tis an ocean vast of blessing,
Tis a haven sweet of rest.
O the deep, deep love of Jesus,
Tis a heav'n of heav'ns to me;
And it lifts me up to glory,
For it lifts me up to Thee.
Oh the deep, deep love.
The love of Jesus;
The deep, deep love.

Then drop by
Amy's to hear more songs that minister.

15 comments:

Karen said...

The words to this song are so beautiful! I have never heard the song before, but I have felt that deep, deep love flowing over and through me. What a blessing your song choice is today....

Cathy said...

A beautiful song, thanks for sharing it, and the picture is lovely.

Sita said...

KTwalden and Cathy,
Thank you for dropping by..pray that you know His deep deep love this week..
Love, Sita

Darlene said...

Beautiful song!
Have a Fabulous Day!

Sita said...

Thank you, Darlene..you too!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Can't hear the song, but have always loved it. Happy Saturday to you~elaine

Joyful said...

Thanks Sita. I am thankful for the deep, deep love of Jesus.

My Dad was singing some old hymns with us as we visited with him today. Thankful for a precious time.

Hugs,
Joy

Tara said...

In my years as a church pianist, I had seen this one in hymnals and hymn arrangements books and I have never forgotten it. It really left its mark on me. Unfortunately, it was rarely sung by the congregation but I always thought it was beautiful. Thank you!

Debra said...

So thankful for that deep, deep, love!

Amrita said...

sorry i was unable to hear that song as the link would not open but I have a different version

Mocha with Linda said...

I love this beautiful old song!!

Sita said...

Elaine and Amrita,
That song opens with RealPlayer on my computer...sorry you could not hear this rendition--acapella--

Linda, Memaw and Tara,
So glad you love this song too--it just went over my head when we sang it as a kind--but when I heard it at this missionary's funeral, its words penetrated to my heart fully...

Joy, I thought of you and your Dad when I posted this--those words bring the deepest of comfort...

valerie said...

I wasn't able to open the song to listen to it. I'll see if I can get it another way. I don't usually have trouble???

The words are great though.

I can see why your dad was touched.

Love ya,
Val

The Dementia Nurse said...

Sita, God bless you for coming to find me!!!!! I'm alright - about a month ago, I was offered a job that I had to take right away or lose the opportunity. The trouble is I haven't completely finished at my old job. So it has been a difficult, busy season. I have missed you and all my blogging friends so much! I have high hopes that the dust will settle a bit soon, and I can resurface. I love you for thinking of me in the meantime.

Sita said...

Val and Gail,
So glad to hear from you...

Val, I put a note on top of the song, see if that works..

Gail, glad to hear you're OK, just swamped..pray all settles down soon..
Love, Sita