Friday, March 13, 2009

For Those Tears I Died

I read this powerful post by Melissa (Beth Moore's daughter). Please go read this. In the light of several I know undergoing so much, it was good to know that it was OK to lament, cry out to God, simply because we know God, just as David did constantly in the Psalms. Do you have a lament today? I wrote this Lenten reflection last year as I thought about the laments around the world--heartbreaking laments. I invite you to read it here.

Then please sing along with me a song that powerfully ministered to me many years ago: For Those Tears I Died by Marsha Stevens.

For Those Tears I Died
by Marsha Stevens

You said you'd come and share all my sorrows
You said you'd be there for all my tomorrows
I came so close to sending you away
But just like you promised, you came there to stay.
I just had to pray.

CHORUS

And Jesus said, "Come to the waters, stand by my side
I know you are thirsty, you won't be denied.
I felt every teardrop, when in darkness you cried,
And I strove to remind you that for those tears I died."

Your goodness so great, I can't understand

And dear Lord I know that all this was planned
I know you're here now and always will be
Your love loosed my chains and in you I'm free
But, Jesus, why me?

Jesus, I give you my heart and my soul
I know that without God I'd never be whole
Savior, you opened all the right doors
And I thank you and praise you from earth's humble shores.
Take me, I'm yours.

10 comments:

Cheryl Wright said...

Ooooooo, memories Sita, sweet, sweet memories.ss

Amrita said...

This song always makes my cry.

Crown of Beauty said...

I went to the post you did on March 17, 2008... thank you for opening your heart, your pain, your sadness. The song you shared was one of my favorites in years past. Hearing it again brings such precious memories. I'm lifting you up to the Healer's throne, dear Sita.

Sharon in NE said...

Thank you for sharing the song and the link to Melissa's post. WOW! Incredible!

Debra said...

What a wonderful video, thank you for sharing it.

IA. said...

Beautiful song! Sang along from my heart. Thank you for sharing!

Sita said...

Hey Cheryl...that brings back the most awesome memories of our youth...Victory Heights camp...campfire....guitar...

Amrita....it certainly tugs at your heart, huh?

Karen said...

Thank you for sharing these precious posts and a wonderful song that I haven't heard in years! I have been blessed by all this!

Joyful said...

Wow, Sita, that brings back memories. My sister and I used to 'sing and sign' that song.

Still crying out to the Lord on behalf of my Dad.

Trusting God,
Joy

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

It's been a long time since I sang that song. I remember going to see the Gaithers in concert when I was a young girl with my parents. I remember singing that specific song at that event. I couldn't have been more than 10 or 12 at the time.

Thanks for taking me back.

peace~elaine