Today, I flicked on the telly and caught the last words by a priest concerning Mother Teresa. Strange, she and Princess Di died on the same day, but she is left in the background as we are bombarded by Princess Di's remembrances. Yet, it is her life that has left an eternal legacy in my heart as well as millions of others.
The priest mentioned that she experienced that 'desolation of the soul' for decades. I know that I have just gone through a 2-year spell and have experienced other spells before, but always I got that 'break' to refresh my soul. The priest said that Mother Teresa never got that 'break'. An ongoing desolation like that should break the strongest person, make them doubt the core of their beliefs, make each day a horrendous struggle. Yet, she persevered. I got a taste of that 'darkness' and can only imagine what Mother Teresa may have gone through seeing that human suffering day after day with no breaks.
Father, thank You for sustaining Mother Teresa for so long. Thank you that I received a glimpse of Who You are through her life. I pray for those whose lives she actually touched physically with her hands, may You sustain them, strengthen them, give them a glimpse of a glorious plan for them and the resources to enable. Deliver them from evil. Thank You, God that I can surrender my questions about how millions suffer daily in poverty and abuse, I can surrender to You. Thank You that You know and care. Show me what I can do. In Jesus' Name, Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment