Carol Kent, in her book A New Kind Of Normal, reminded me that when despair and anxiety starts to build up, start thanking God for what is 'right' in your life. This is one such time.
Father, I am SO grateful for:
-my family, a loyal and loving husband and 2 wonderful sons who bring me joy unspeakable. -my parents who You used to introduce me to You and bring me to church to learn about You.
-my brothers and sisters, each so different and who have added so much to my life.
-my friends Whom You handpicked and allowed to touch my life and with whom I am still in touch (mostly)...
Starting from my childhood to late teens in Trinidad
-Faazhya, my kindergarten pal, we had so much fun overnighting, sharing Donny Osmond, David Cassidy songs etc, my friend with the longest time investment.
-Sandra K., my earliest friend from Sunday School with that beautiful long hair; I so remember our laughing fits in choir and how the guys always liked you.
- Sherene, God put you into my heart. You trusted me and I will always think of you as my little sister.
-Wendy, you made high school fun for me, sharing our diaries and having fun. I cherish you.
-Carol, my riding partner with this ridiculous lil waist. I enjoyed my times sharing and thinking with you.
-Cheryl, oh girl, how loyal and joyful you are and talented too; your friendship is a real gift to me.
-Sandra M., easily my most dramatic of friends, so full of life and generousity of spirit.
- Pamela, whom I met just one year before I returned to Toronto, so kind and faithful.
And in my late youth to now in Canada, friends who come from the ends of the earth and all have such genuine hearts:
-Esther, my Korean prayer partner and God's physical touch to me.
-Britta, my German lil' sister who got into my heart, you are so precious.
- Vickaye, my Philipina sister who is so generous and fun to be with.
-Solange and Sharine, my sister-friends from Curacao, Solange makes me laugh in a raucous fashion, and Sharine, always has an encouraging word.
- Sureshmi, my Sri Lankan sister always ready to help.
- Marina, Anglo-Canadian who listens and prays and loves.
- Samantha and Ada, my 2 Hong Kong sisters who made me care again, I love your hearts.
-Ivel, my Jamaican sister, a prayer warrior and counsellor, what a woman you are.
-Natalie, Russian-Canadian (?),non-judgemental listener, a keen thinker, and so honest.
-Colette, my Polish-American sister, who looks at me with the eyes of Jesus: like my son Daniel, she always makes me feel loved.
-Bea (Anglo-Canadian) and Elma (German-Canadian?) who I have not known for very long but whose listening and kindness of hearts I cherish.
And my virtual friends:
-Mary, my epal from Brunei, who faithfully sends inspirations.
-Tami (American), my WOF pal whom I instantly connected with because of her wisdom and love.
-Pika (American), my WOF pal whose love, prayer and wisdom is so inspiring. I cherish you.
WOW!!! I am SO BLESSED!! Thank you, Lord. Each one has brought me a touch of You at different times. If there are any of my friends tonight who are feeling despair, please fill them with a heart of gratitude now with all you have blessed them. As they look upon Your gifts and see Your countenance, may they be filled with gratitude and a sense of Your lovingkindness toward them. And Lord, for those whom I have forgotten for now, help me to remember and bless them! But ultimately, Father, I thank You. You are the Friend we all desire. You are. There is no One like You. In Jesus' Name, Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment