Thursday, September 27, 2007

Missed out..but grateful...

This morning my Mom had cataract surgery. It took just 20 minutes and then she was discharged. We were up at 5:00 a.m. and I took her to the hospital and drove back home to get the kids to school. I then went to the church for the Beth Moore study. I was soooo looking forward to this. My soul needed this. 15 minutes before it started, I received a call that my Mom would be ready in 1/2 hour and they could take a cab. However, my heart lurched. How could I let my Mom take a cab? No way! So I went to pick her up along with my brother and sister and came home with them. I missed the study.

But how grateful I am that my Mom is OK and that I could take care of her. I am grateful that my brother could be there. He has to be the first person that I would want to be with me in a hospital setting. He knows and understands how traumatic it can be. I feel so safe with him. I am grateful that my sister could be there and keep tabs on meds and eyedrops. I am grateful that my Dad was home praying for his wife. I am grateful that the church prayer chain was praying for my Mom. I am grateful that Colette sent me such a thoughtful prayer just when I needed it. I am grateful that Ada sent me such a sweet email and request. I am grateful because I was so emotionally fragile today. I am blessed.

Father, tonight there are many people out there who have missed out on so much, like not having a father, a stable or safe home, or family support. They are looking at others and wondering, "Why not me? How come I didn't deserve that?" They are bombarded by Satan's lies that they are not worth it. Father, if anyone who reads this knows the pain of "missing out", please let them know how precious they are to You. Blast through the layers of lies about themselves with the light of Your Truth. Bring alongside them Your physical touch of kindness. Let them know they are loved by the Creator Himself, formed with His own Hands. Just as I look out at the beautiful lake shimmering in the sunshine and see the love behind such beauty, let them be struck that You have done the same for them. Help me to always remember that about me. And Father, I am soooo grateful for You. Thank You. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

2 comments:

Cheryl Wright said...

"I am grateful because I was so emotionally fragile today. I am blessed."

Your words above brought the following verses to mind.

"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in (your) weakness.' Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when i am weak, than i am strong."
2Cor. 12:9-10

How can we not rest in our Lord? In those moments when we are in perfect communion with Him - you know those moments - the rest is not only spiritual. Haven't you felt physical rested in Christ?

Sita said...

Indeed I have, my friend. That spiritual rest immediately affects the physical. Thank you again for your thoughtful input. I love that verse.