
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness...
Galatians 5:22
Beth talked today of faith that conquers kingdoms. Hebrews 11:32-34 talks of the prophets and others who "through faith conquered kingdoms, administered justice, and gained what was promised; who shut the mouths of lions, quenched the fury of the flames, and escaped the edge of the sword; whose weakness was turned to strength; and who became powerful in battle and routed foreign armies."
Her four points were:
1. Always associate "through" with faith. ("Through" turns weakness to strength.)
Isaiah 43:1-2 says, 1 But now, this is what the LORD says— he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. 2 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.
2. Realize your battles are being fought before an unseen but very present public.
2Kings 6:15-17 says, When the servant of the man of God got up and went out early the next morning, an army with horses and chariots had surrounded the city. "Oh, my lord, what shall we do?" the servant asked. 16 "Don't be afraid," the prophet answered. "Those who are with us are more than those who are with them." 17 And Elisha prayed, "O LORD, open his eyes so he may see." Then the LORD opened the servant's eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.
On the Cross, God disarmed the "powers and authorities, making a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the Cross." Satan was humiliated, and that is why he is so angry and like a lion seeks to devour.
But, we are more than conquerors through Him who loves us.
3. Learn to shut the mouth of the lion.
1 Peter 5:8-9b says, "Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 9Resist him, standing firm in the faith..."
Know the Truth and you can reject the lies. Whose words do you agree with? That agreement will manifest itself in your daily life.
Example: You have just yelled at your child in anger. You feel bad because you know it was wrong. Satan starts to accuse, "You really blew it!". It escalates to, "You're a lousy parent." If you do not reject his label, it becomes the 'cloud' you live under.
4. Look to Daniel for an example. (Daniel 6:3-11)
-Get down on your knees and pray. Prayer cuts windows through walls.
-Give thanks to God.
-Persevere in the things God has taught us to do.
When you get down, God gets UP!
Father, teach me. Empower me to walk through all that You have allowed in my life today. Where there is any sin clogging up that pipeline of Your response, please show me. Help me to disarm the lies of Satan with the truth of Your Word. I believe that You are Who You say You are. I believe that You can do what You say You can do. I believe that I am who You say I am. I believe that I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me. I believe that Your Word is alive and active in me. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen.
3 comments:
Thanbk you for this encourtagement. i really needed it at this moment. Posted some burdens on my blog.PRAy for me i feel quitte overwhelmed, but the promise of Isa 42 lifted me up.
Satan the great accuser, the supernatural bully. He never rests from searching out ways to bring us down and keep us there.
I am learning to recognize his lies in my life but its taking me some time to understand how best to defend myself.
But thankfully I, and everyone else who trusts Christ, don't have to fight alone. God promises to stand with us and fight for us!
The hardest thing for me is being patient in the changes God is doing in my life. When the battles are fierce it seems so tempting to just quit trying. But God doesn't want any of us to quit. We already have the victory we just need to believe it.
Nice selection of encouraging words.
I see my friend Amrita visits here. She is pretty sweet.
At any rate... Didn't want to be a lurker, so I'm leaving this little note to say "Hi" while I pass through.
God bless.
Will
Post a Comment