
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I found this poem in my old files. It was given to me by a friend from university. The author was unknown. It is based on the Scripture taken from:
Psalm 25: 4,5, 8-10
4 Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths; 5 guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. 8 Good and upright is the LORD; therefore he instructs sinners in his ways. 9 He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them his way. 10 All the ways of the LORD are loving and faithful for those who keep the demands of his covenant.
and Proverbs 3:5-6:
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
6 comments:
Sita-
I love this poem.
God gave me a song that I recorded on my cd project called, For Such a Time as This. One line says, "only You can take a messy melody and create a perfect rhyme...now looking back I can see Your hand, alligning every line".
He is the ultimate life-song composer.
-Janet
Janet, I love that line...music and poetry engage the heart so readily...
isn't it like finding gold, when you come across something like an old poem that speaks volumes ...
so to me - it means that clutter can be a blessing ... :o) ... or so it is at our house!
You know what Sita, these lines vibrate what exactly is in my heart today.....for years, whenever I felt rudderless and alone, I dashed to make my own plans. But He always broke them because those were not HIS plans. But this time, I am not going to budge Sita. I am not going to go with my plans. I will wait patiently for His flow....so do say a prayer for me Sita as I practice resigning to His Will.
Julia
"in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." I love that line
Hi Sita do pray for me. my aunt is in a bad shape.Its very hard on my Mum and me.
Post a Comment