This song goes back a long way and never ceases to give me chills. Its poignancy for me lies in the message of the emptiness of people's lives, the silence, the darkness, the result of people losing sight of God. It is also one of the most beautiful melodies and harmony that I have ever heard. It is...The Sound of Silence...by Simon and Garfunkel. Go to Amy's blog to hear more songs that minister.
8 comments:
Hi Sita,
Yes, what truth, so many who really are alone and so lost...
If only they would hear God knocking on the door of their heart!
Blessings~
Blessings Sita...The Sounds of Silence brings back such memories and yet it is so true to this very day!
Thank you for searching for this one and sharing how empty lives can be & are without Jesus! God be with you and yours this Lord's Day as we give Him praise and thanks!
Sita this song brings back many memories for me as well. I had the record album. Another song of theirs that captured a similar theme was "I am a rock, I am an Island". I remember having to dissect the lyrics of both of those songs as an English assignment. Powerful messages. Sad truths. The answer is Jesus.
Being still and knowing that He is God,
Joy
Sita,
As I sat and listened to this song, it made me think how LOUD the silence must seem to those who are so lonely!
May the Lord bless you today!
This is one of my favorite songs. I love S&G. I think as Christians today that its important for us to remember that we can be part of this silence if we fail to reach out to those in need.
Haven't heard that one in a long time. Great song!
Sita,
Yes, this brings me back as well. I never thought of it the way you put it--as the result of people losing sight of God. Thanks for sharing that perspective.
God bless you!
Used to listen to this song so much
Post a Comment