“Let the morning (The New Year) bring me word
of Your unfailing love,
for I have put my trust in You.
Show me the way I should go,
for to You I lift up my soul.
Rescue me from my enemies, O LORD,
for I hide myself in You.
Teach me to do Your will,
for You are my God;
may Your good Spirit lead me on level ground.”
(Psalm 143: 8-10, The Holy Bible, NIV Version)
=========================
(Psalm 143: 1-12 , The Message)
1-2 Listen to this prayer of mine, God;
pay attention to what I'm asking.
Answer me—you're famous for your answers!
Do what's right for me.
But don't, please don't, haul me into court;
not a person alive would be acquitted there.
3-6 The enemy hunted me down;
he kicked me and stomped me within an inch of my life.
He put me in a black hole,
buried me like a corpse in that dungeon.
I sat there in despair, my spirit draining away,
my heart heavy, like lead.
I remembered the old days,
went over all you've done,
pondered the ways you've worked,
Stretched out my hands to you,
as thirsty for you as a desert thirsty for rain.
7-10 Hurry with your answer, God!
I'm nearly at the end of my rope.
Don't turn away; don't ignore me!
That would be certain death.
If you wake me each morning
with the sound of your loving voice,
I'll go to sleep each night trusting in you.
Point out the road I must travel;
I'm all ears, all eyes before you.
Save me from my enemies, God—
you're my only hope!
Teach me how to live to please you,
because you're my God.
Lead me by your blessed Spirit
into cleared and level pastureland.
11-12 Keep up your reputation, God—give me life!
In your justice, get me out of this trouble!
In your great love, vanquish my enemies;
make a clean sweep of those who harass me.
And why? Because I'm your servant.

9 comments:
I am unfamiliar with The Message, although I've run across it from time to time. Its version of Psalm 143 is so beautiful!! TFS!!
Hi Sharon,
Thanks for dropping by. I occasionally look at the The Message to get the contemporary 'voice' and this Psalm echoed my heart.
What is TFS?
Anyway, have a Blessed New Year.
Sita
TFS = Thanks for Sharing!
Sita, this is beautiful. The Message really does captivate the cry of the seeking, longing heart.
"If you wake me each morning with the sound of your loving voice, I'll go to sleep each night trusting in you.... Teach me how to live to please you..."
"Keep up your reputation, God - give me life!" God is all about giving life. Daily He breathes His life into us. Praying that I will live that life to the full as He desires.
Happy New Year,
Love & prayers,
Joy
Thank you, Joy. TFS! Pray that indeed our lives will reflect His life to all He entrusts us with this year.
Love, Sita
Sita, this was such a delight to me this morning! I too love to look at passages in some of the newer translations. It makes searching the Scriptures daily a whole new adventure. Thank you for sharing these beautiful words!
Thank you, Gail. For the New year, I would like to wash my mind more frequently with His Word, probably a tighter focus for my blog...still working on that with God. Have a happy New year!
Love, Sita
That was beautiful Sita. Wishing you and your dear family a Happy New Year.
Very beautiful Sita. I will join you in this prayer for the new year.
I like the part that says "Answer me-you're famous for Your answers."
I'm praying that you and your family have a very blessed and abundant 2009!
Love ya,
Val
Beautiful Scripture reading. So timely and so encouraging. Thanks for posting it.
peace~elaine
Post a Comment