Decided to post this oldie because I experienced kindness this week as I walked through a 'disconnect'. A drop of kindness from a simple email note that basically said "I'm praying for you". One simple act of kindness can make all the difference. Thank you, Elaine.
Ephesians 4:32 (The Holy Bible, NIV Version)
"Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you."
Try A Little Kindness
Glen Campbell
If you see your brother standing by the road
With a heavy load from the seeds he's sowed
And if you see your sister falling by the way
Just stop and stay you're going the wrong way
You got to try a little kindness
Yes show a little kindness
Just shine your light for everyone to see
And if you try a little kindness
Then you'll overlook the blindness
Of narrow-minded people on the narrow-minded streets
Don't walk around the down and out
Lend a helping hand instead of doubt
And the kindness that you show every day
Will help someone along their way
You got to try a little kindness
Yes show a little kindness
Just shine your light for everyone to see
And if you try a little kindness
Then you'll overlook the blindness
Of narrow-minded people on the narrow-minded streets
You got to try a little kindness
Yes show a little kindness
Just shine your light for everyone to see
And if you try a little kindness
Then you'll overlook the blindness
Of narrow-minded people on the narrow-minded streets
7 comments:
Wow a blast from the past from the Rhinstone Cowboy. My grandma used to love him.
Have a blessed Saturday, I enjoyed this.
Love that song.
I used to listen to it over the Radio.
Oh, I love him! My mom listened to his stuff all the time when I was a little girl.
I wish there were more poeple who understand the power of just a simple act of kindness.
Oh how true!!! Thanks for sharing this, a great reminder for all of us.
We are the body of Christ, and if one member is suffering we all do!.
I'm so blessed Elaine was there for you.
Hope you are doing better♥
Thanks Sita...for Glen Campbell's
"Try a little Kindness!" I'm glad Elaine showed her kindness when you needed it. She has such a heart and gift of intercession!
I read your other post and Amen
to that also...good shining example of reaching out and being the Body of Christ as we were meant to be! Big hug and many blessings coming your way for a wonderful day of the Lord and enjoyable weekend!God bless!
A super song with a super message. It sounds familiar. I think I remember hearing it way back when.
Post a Comment