Tuesday, July 28, 2026

How on earth is my firstborn 33?!

 HAPPY 33RD BIRTHDAY

TO MY FIRSTBORN NATHAN!


“I, [godly] wisdom, reside with prudence [good judgment, moral courage and astute common sense],
And I find knowledge and discretion

Proverbs 8:12


Nate, as I read the above verse in my daily reading, the word "prudence" struck me. And my spirit said "Nathan". 

I looked deeper into the meaning as it applies to character and it falls under the virtue of temperance:(from via.character.org)

"What is Prudence?

Prudence means being careful about your choices, stopping and thinking before acting. It is a strength of restraint. When you are prudent, you are not taking unnecessary risks, and not saying or doing things that you might later regret. If you are high in prudence, you are able to consider the long-term consequences of your actions. Prudence is a form of practical reasoning, the ability to examine the potential consequences of your actions objectively, and to control yourself based on that examination. 

Prudence involves far-sighted planning as well as short-term, goal-directed planning. It is often referred to as cautious wisdom, practical wisdom, and practical reason. It is a way of thinking that supports individuals in making positive choices that lead to meaningful goals and avoid regret. It helps you choose wisely, discern the right path, and decide how to act in the face of uncertainty or fear.

"What is temperance" (from GotQuestions.org)

Temperance is moderation in thought, word, or action. Those who practice temperance are self-controlled and show restraint in their passions and behaviors.

Temperance or self-control is one of the fruits the Holy Spirit brings when He indwells believers (Galatians 5:22). It is impossible to live godly lives and please the Lord without self-control because our flesh wants only to please itself (Romans 7:21–25)."

Living so far away from you does not allow me to see your day to day life, but when I do see you, as a father and husband and a hard working lawyer, I see the fruit of the Spirit indwelling you. Prudence or self control marks your character. I am so proud of you.

I love your intentionality in maintaining and nurturing your relationships. With your wife. Children. Brother. Friends.


CAPTION THAT SAYS IT ALL - PROUD DAD








I have loved watching you grow as a worship leader. In fact my heart bursts with joy and gratitude for you. It takes self discipline and passion for worship to juggle all your responsibilities to be there. I heard Georgia now likes to pretend to lead worship. You know I love that! Already you are leaving a legacy. And that Christmas special that showed your unrivalled talent in musicals. You did such an amazing job! I wanted to shout to everyone, "That's my son!"



It's a natural thing for us to view God through our earthly fathers, whether good or bad. Your girls will know how much they are loved and valued as I watch your interactions with them.

You have battled viruses and injuries over this past year and other private battles no one else knows. You always kept your burdens to yourself, unlike your bro. I pray that as you grow in community in your church, you will feel safe to open up to embrace the support of the Body with the myriad of spiritual gifts available to minister to us. Your dad and I and your brother will always be there for you, no matter what.

Prayer:

Father, I commit Nathan into your Hands. I am so grateful for the "gift of God". Such a perfectly sweet baby and now such a noble and handsome gentleman. I pray for him and Sarah, Georgia and Evie, that You would raise a banner of protection over them. I pray that the schemes of the enemy would be sabotaged and that You would send Your angels to watch over their coming and going. I pray that each of them would know your great love towards them and that You would give them a hunger for Your Word and a loving and supportive community.  May Your purposes for each of them unfold in Your timing for Your glory. Now to You Who is able to do so much more than we could ever ask or imagine, to You O Lord, be the glory forever and ever, Amen.

Scripture blessing:

I am convinced and confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will [continue to] perfect and complete it until the day of Christ Jesus [the time of His return].

Philippians 1:6

And this I pray, that your love may abound more and more [displaying itself in greater depth] in real knowledge and in practical insight, 10 so that you may learn to recognize and treasure what is excellent [identifying the best, and distinguishing moral differences], and that you may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ [actually living lives that lead others away from sin]; 11 filled with the fruit of righteousness which comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God [so that His glory may be both revealed and recognized].

Philippians 1: 9-11

Song:




God, I live to worship You
All my life I offer You
Simple melodies of sacrifice

Open hands and open heart
You're the only one I want
Your presence is my treasure, my delight

Fall like rain
Holy Spirit
Fall like rain
Holy Spirit
Have Your way
Let Your Glory fall down
Let Your Glory fall down

One thing I ask, one thing I seek
So much more than anything
To dwell within Your house for all my days

Knowing You is everything
So I let go of lesser things
You alone are worthy of my praise
So, stir in me a passion for Your Name

And fall like rain
Holy Spirit
Fall like rain
Holy Spirit
Have Your way
Let Your Glory fall down
Let Your Glory fall down

Fall like rain
Holy Spirit
Fall like rain
Holy Spirit
Have Your way
Let Your Glory fall down
Let Your Glory fall down

May I never lose the wonder of Your presence
May I always stand in awe of who You are
Oh the beauty and the gift of Your friendship
Is unlike anything I've ever known

May I never lose the wonder of Your presence
May I always stand in awe of who You are
Oh the beauty and the gift of Your friendship
Is unlike anything I've ever known

So, fall like rain
Holy Spirit
Fall like rain
Holy Spirit
Have Your way
Let Your Glory fall down
Let Your Glory fall down

Fall like rain
Holy Spirit
Fall like rain
Holy Spirit
Have Your way
Let Your Glory fall down
Let Your Glory fall down

May I never lose the wonder of Your presence
May I always stand in awe of who You are
Oh the beauty and the gift of Your friendship
Is unlike anything I've ever known

May I never lose the wonder of Your presence
May I always stand in awe of who You are
Oh the beauty and the gift of Your friendship
Is unlike anything I've ever known

Fall like rain
Holy Spirit
Fall like rain
Holy Spirit
Have Your way
Let Your Glory fall down
Let Your Glory fall down

Fall like rain
Holy Spirit
Fall like rain
Holy Spirit
Have Your way
Let Your Glory fall down
Let Your Glory fall down

Let it fall
Let it fall
In all Your Glory 
In all Your beauty

With all my love, thoughts and prayers,
Always my beloved big son,
Mom💕💕

No comments: